"Memorial Day" or "Flag Day" or "Defender of the Fatherland Day" - The day may have many names. But, the purpose is the same. To thank the heroes who protect us, protected us and are protecting us.
The following are some table topics that can be used in toastmasters meetings with the theme as "Memorial Day" (USA) or "Flag Day" (India) or "Defender of the Fatherland Day" (Russia)
1) If you have unlimited sum of money, which job would you like to do?
2) What do you normally do for Labor Day weekend?
3) If you are given an option to join our army, will you take the offer? Why or Why not?
4) I'm proud of my army men, because ...
5) If your son/daughter wants to join the army, will you allow them? Why or Why not?
6) Should we spend more money on the army? Why or Why not?
7) Quote: War does not determine who is right - only who is left. - Bertrand Russell
8) Quote: If we don't end war, war will end us. - H. G. Wells
9) Quote: In peace, sons bury their fathers. In war, fathers bury their sons. - Herodotus
10) Quote: The best weapon against an enemy is another enemy. - Friedrich Nietzsche
11) Quote: Mankind must put an end to war before war puts an end to mankind. - John F. Kennedy
12) Quote: Only the dead have seen the end of the war. - George Santayana
13) You don't have to be really part of the army to serve the nation.
14) Who is your hero in life? Why?
15) If you would want to be a real hero? Who would that be?