Dear Chennai Toastmasters,
The last 6 months were very adventurous and very colorful. I THANK ALL THE CLUB OFFICERS, VETERAN TOASTMASTERS, AND CLUB MEMBERS, who helped us to elevate Chennai Toastmasters Club to greater heights.
I take this opportunity to highlight some of the key achievements and milestones that we reached together, during the last term (July - Dec 2010).
Educational (Leader: Rajesh Natarajan)
- No canceled meetings & meeting agenda sent on time.
- Added "Test Your Listening Skills" segment to the meeting
- 2 DTM Awards - Aditya Maheswaran & Sastharam (Thank you guys)
- Evaluations training workshop conducted by Ravi Baskaran Sir !
- Aditya made the Chennai Toastmasters Club flag fly high, in District 82 conference, by coming out as the 2nd winner in District Evaluations contest
- We added 30+ new members to the club
- Club won "Smedleys Award" for adding more folks in a short time
- Prabakaran played additional roles as Treasurer & SAA, whenever there is a need (Thank you Praba)
- 4 club newsletters released in 6 months (by involving lots of Chennai Toastmasters Club members)
- 275th meeting celebrated very well -despite Hurricane "Jal" there was a good turnout of members for the celebration
- PRSense e-magazine talked about Toastmasters movement in India/Chennai (We brought the Chief Editor K. Srinivasan as a guest to one of our meetings)
- Meeting minutes were sent on-time and with lots of good content, since the time Sadayappan took charge
- Sadayappan raised the bar as high as the sky for secretary role - Meeting minutes became more informative, educative and entertaining. Sadayappan added lots of color & creativity to the role. He exceeded the bar set by our previous record setter TM Mani.
- Achieved high levels of transparency -
for the first timeafter a very long GAP in the history of Chennai Toastmasters Club income & expenses data was shared with the club members
- Need to learn the art of delegation from him ;-)
- Kick started the meetings that she attended with a beautiful smile, warm welcome & a colorful introductions
- The club now has a library of all the Advance Project manuals. Subadra took the initiative of collecting all the manuals and creating a library for Chennai TM.
We had a motto of "Participate, Practice and Perform" when we started our journey, 6 months ago. I'm proud to say that we excelled in all the areas and exceeded all the goals that we had set for ourselves. I wish all the very best to Rajesh & his team, to take the club to the next level.
Immediate Past President,
Blog | Facebook | Linkedin