Table Topics: Theme "Winners are Grinners"
"It takes me 3 weeks to prepare a good impromptu speech" said Mark Twain. If you actively participate in Table Topics session you won't require 3 weeks to prepare for a impromptu speech, you may hardly take 30 seconds to think.
If you want to be better than Mark Twain, make use of the platform in Toastmasters to practice and develop your impromptu speaking skills.
Each member who gets called to the stage will be asked to speak on a topic (for/against). You'll have to speak for at least 1 minute and a maximum of 2 minutes. I encourage everyone to use the Word of the Day (Triumphant) in their speeches.
1) A champion needs motivation above and beyond winning
2) A champion is afraid of losing. Everyone else is afraid of winning
3) What is your most memorable win? (A Contest, A competition or a life event)
4) The trophy stays in the shelf, the experience comes with you forever
5) Dieting is the game where you win when you lose
6) The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back - Vince Lombardi
7) I love winning because ...
8) Obstacles are challenges for winners and excuses for losers
9) Who is one person against whom you would love to lose? Why?
10) What do you think about India winning world cup last year?
11) Who is the real winner in your home - you or your spouse? Why?
12) Who is your most favorite sports champion? Why?
13) My dad is my champion / hero
14) I hate to win because ...
15) You are competing for the post of a President in Chennai Communicators Club. Your opponent is TM ______________________. What would be your pitch to get the votes from the audience to win?
(Table topics session conducted at Chennai Communicators Club, Velachery, Chennai on 4th Nov 2012)